What is the NGLCC?
The NGLCC is the business voice of the LGBT community, the largest advocacy organization dedicated to expanding economic opportunities and advancements for LGBT people, and the exclusive certifying body for LGBT-owned businesses.
In 2002, the NGLCC became an entity to support and advocate for diversity and inclusion for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT)-owned businesses. The NGLCC Supplier Diversity Initiative (SDI) started in 2004 and offers businesses a tool to make connections and open doors with America’s top corporations and each other. The SDI certifies LGBT-owned Business Enterprises (LGBTBEs) and works to provide opportunities for LGBTBEs to gain exposure within corporate procurement processes.
NGLCC Supplier Diversity Initiative
The NGLCC SDI offers certification to LGBTBEs, as well as a host of opportunities to enhance LGBT business’ visibility to corporations seeking to do business with LGBT suppliers. Corporations can search for certified LGBTBEs through our exclusive LGBT supplier database, as well as meet face-to-face with potential suppliers at NGLCC SDI matchmaking events, which are held across the country throughout the year. Certified LGBTBEs may also be eligible for scholarship programs, mentorship and leadership training, and other business development tools to help your business grow.
Supplier Innovation Center
The NGLCC Supplier Innovation Center, powered by Wells Fargo, is a dynamic space in the heart of our nation’s Capital dedicated to groundbreaking education and networking opportunities for certified LGBT businesses. The SIC captures the spirit of what it means to be an entrepreneur: innovation, leadership, drive, creativity, and vision. As the nexus of certification connections and resources, the Supplier Innovation Center:
- Expands the certified LGBT supplier network to reach innovative leaders and encourage transformative success for the LGBT business community
- Provides concrete resources to empower business owners to become powerful drivers for LGBT economic equality
- Acts as a secure home for all certification records, and will allow the NGLCC National Certification Committee to increase in capacity to meet the growing demand for certification as a LGBT Business Enterprise(TM).
NGLCC is proud to work with a range of organizations to ensure LGBT inclusion in business. You can view our major partnerships and memberships below.
NGLCC partners with Federal Agencies on a wide variety of issues including actively working with agencies to ensure procurement and programs are inclusive of LGBT-owned businesses. The NGLCC currently has partnerships with the following agencies:
- U.S. Department of Commerce
- U.S. Department of Labor
- U.S. Department of Transportation
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- U.S. Small Business Administration
- U.S. Department of Agriculture Central Intelligence Agency
- National Business Inclusion Consortium
The National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce is one of several business advocacy organizations representing diverse business communities. Spearheaded by the NGLCC, these organizations formed the National Business Inclusion Consortium (NBIC), which launched in 2011. NBIC advocates for the business interests of a diverse range of people, including the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender, ethnic minority, disability, and women-owned business communities.
This is only a brief summary of all the NGLCC is and does. Please take the time to visit their website NGLCC.org